So everyone knows that there is an achievement for having a crapload of mounts. Having 50 mounts will earn you an albino drake and if you keep getting more, you will eventually get a Dragonhawk mount, with different colors depending on faction. I really really doubt I can actually get the 100 mounts that you need for the Dragonhawk mount but maybe the 50 mount drake is still possible for me. I believe I am at 30 something odd mounts right now. Here are some of my favorite mounts.
The Amani Bear is a reward you get for completing the timed chest even in Zul'Aman at level 70. It is no longer possible to get this mount. It is an ugly mount but it is more of a trophy than anything else, but I am still fond of it.The black PVP Hawkstrider mount is very easy to get but I always liked the chicken mounts. My first epic ground mount was a Purple Hawkstrider my boyfriend bought me since at the time it was really expensive to get the Paladin mount for the quest.
Most recently, I got the Black War Bear mount as completion of the "For the Horde" achievement. I don't particularly like it as it seems very plain to me.
Here is one of my old favorite mounts in TBC, the frostwolf mount. It was the first PVP mount I got and I remember seeing my boyfriend riding around on it and wanting it so bad myself. I thought at the time that I would never be able to farm the Alterac Valley marks to get it =X How times changes things is surprising.Here is the bronze drake you get for completing the timed achievement in Heroic Culling of Stratholme. I remember thinking it so hard to get this achievement but it is actually pretty easy to get considering that you can pug it.
And this one, because it's red =D All you need is gold and exalted rep with Wyrmrest Accord to get this mount.
I used to use this mount all the time in TBC, it was my first epic flying mount. I remember just doing all the quests I had available at level 70 to get the gold to buy my epic flying skill =X
Of course I have to show the epic paladin ground mount. My boyfriend and another paladin friend helped me get this mount due to it being the result of a long chain quest. So much effort went into this mount. I still like it but I don't take it out as often as I should =X
Last but not least, my very first epic ground mount! Courtesy of my boyfriend =) He was a good sugar daddy
I guess I do have alot of mounts (33 to be exact) but there are some mounts that I still want to get. I guess I'm a little bit greedy =P
Some of them are:
- Ashes of Al'ar from 25 man Tempest Keep off of Kael'thas, I just haven't been able to do this raid much to farm it =T
- White Hawkstrider off of Heroic Magister's Terrace, a level 70 instance. I remember doing this heroic damn near everyday but I never ever saw it drop once. I saw like 5 phoenix pets and basically all of the loot drops except for the chicken mount and the orb of deception, surprisingly. Haha, so far both mounts are off Kael'thas, perhaps he just doesn't like me much =X
- The drake off of 25 man OS with 3 drakes up. Well, this can be very hard or easy to get as it depends on your guild being able to do 25 man OS 3 drakes up and the looting system. My guild has not done 25 man OS 3 drakes up yet
- Red proto drake for the heroic dungeon achievements, haven't gotten around to it quite yet. This is definitely doable! Plus, the mount is red (My favorite color)!
- Red Insect Mount off of 40 man AQ, a level 60 instance. I actually saw this drop once but I didn't win the roll. If you get this mount, it also gives you a Feat of Strength achievement, as it is very rare.
- Cool Tiger mount but it is only available if you play the WoW card game. So impossible for me to get this mount.
- Raven Lord Mount off of Anzu in Heroic Sethekk Halls. You need a druid with the quest item to summon Anzu as he is an optional boss.
- White Polar Bear, come to think of it, I should do that daily more often...